A wide variety of interdisciplinary courses are available which are necessary to become knowledgeable in the field of Intelligent Structures and Systems. Listed below are some of the basic areas of interest, along with the appropriate courses:
System Dynamics - The study of the behavior of an arrangement of components in a time varying situation.
- System Dynamics and Vibrations
- System Dynamics and Electromechanics
- Mechanical Engineering Measurements
- Machinery Dynamics & Vibrations
- Lumped Parameter System Analysis
Controls - An area of study which focuses on methods of controlling a system in an effort to optimize the desired output.
- Principles of Automatic Control
- Control Systems Design
- Control of Electric Machines
- State Space Methods for Dynamic System Analysis and Control
Mechatronics - A synergistic integration of mechanical engineering, computer science and micro-computers (electronics).
- Intro to Mechatronics
- Applied Digital Control
- Smart Materials and Intelligent Systems
- Intro to C++ Programming
- Microcontroller Lab
- Intro to Power Electronics
- Dynamics of Electric Machines